Even the most motivated, positive and productive people go through periods where their “Edge” is dulled and they are floundering and that can quickly drain away motivation and confidence. For some people it is stagnation in their career or simply an insurmountable workload. Sometimes personal issues such as divorce, loss, family demands or a sense of “losing yourself” in the demands of work and life leave you feeling overwhelmed.
Everyone struggles with stress, anxiety, bouts of worry, blows to their self-confidence or feelings of being “stuck” at some point in their lives and it can be hard to get back on track. During these times, executive business coaching or life coaching can be the answer.
Coaching is not therapy or a replacement for therapy, but it can be the kick-start you need to get the changes you want sooner versus later. Here are 5 signs you should consider coaching today!
- You are overwhelmed at work or in your life. Chances are, if you are overwhelmed, you need help prioritizing your life. A coach can help you take an objective look at areas of your life where you are sabotaging yourself or not living in alignment with your core values. This can be hard to do on your own because being objective about our own lives and decision is tricky.
- When you have tried to make changes on your own, and you have not been successful in either initially accomplishing them or sustaining changes. Coaches help with setting priorities, keeping you accountable and helping you to discover what you don’t know that you don’t know that may be inadvertently undermining you and keeping you stuck.
- You lack confidence in yourself regardless of what you accomplish or what others say about you. I work with people all the time who have are uber successful in their careers or who consistently get positive feedback about who they are as a person, yet they don’t feel they deserve the accolades or always feel like they should be doing more. Confidence is an inside job, no one can give it for you or do it for you so if you lack confidence, until you either make changes or able to more positively see yourself, nothing is going to change. If you lack confidence, run don’t walk for coaching!
- You aren’t happy. Many people have great lives on the outside, but on the inside, they are unhappy. I use to be one of them so I know how rotten it feels. When we aren’t happy, it is often because we are focused on the wrong things, living a life that is not aligned with our core values or letting our past heartaches, problems or disappointments poison our todays. Happiness is also something that we have to find for ourselves, no one else can do it for us. As this is the only life you have, I again, recommend running not walking to find help and coaching may be just the thing to help you.
- Your life or career has settled into mediocrity! You know that place, you aren’t really unhappy, but you aren’t really passionate or engaged either! Instead, passion has been replaced with “good enough”, the once high standards are significantly lower, excitement fell by the wayside and “getting it done” has taken over. Zoning out at the end of the day has become your target. While you still love your family and enjoy your friends, you are in a rut and while it isn’t a miserable place to be, it isn’t fun either.
Most people don’t need a therapist, they just need a change.™
Coach Monique is a certified Emotional Intelligence Life Coach. She helps her clients get the CHANGES they want with emotionally intelligent and innovative tools, techniques and strategies to get RAPID RESULTS REAL FAST! Call 412-400-2085 or email email@example.com to schedule your CHANGE TODAY.