My personal story of becoming a life coach
It’s officially 2017 and it’s that time of year again! The gyms are filling up and the resolutions are in full effect. Unfortunately, the majority of these resolutions will fail, in fact 92% of them fail. That leaves only around an 8% success rate. Being someone that does life coaching I’m here to propose: while New Year’s Resolutions can seem positive and have the very best intentions when we make them, they can actually be quite negative and undermine us in reaching our goals. Think about the goal of losing 20 pounds… it is pretty black and white… you either lose 20 pounds or you don’t.
We all make mistakes. Anyone who tells you they don’t is either checked out in life or in a strong state of denial. Generally our mistakes create the most problems for us when we refuse to acknowledge them, apologize or make amends. To err is human, but to refuse to apologize is ridiculous!
While many people use the terms talking and communicating to mean the same thing, there is a world of difference. Here are 5 strategies to talk less and communicate more and up your effective communication skills: